At techtimeout, as you might expect, we’re passionate about supporting employers to implement positive digital wellbeing practices and policies within their companies.
Because while individuals can take responsibility for improving their own digital wellbeing, having the support of their managers and being able to adopt positive practices at work as well as at home will have a much more profound impact.
There’s lots of research - both completed and ongoing – into the importance of businesses adopting these healthy technology-focused ways of working, as well as plenty of anecdotal evidence too.
But with so much research out there, and more studies being released regularly, it can be difficult as an employer to know where to start when it comes to gaining an understanding of digital wellbeing and its impact in the workplace – not only on the team, but also on the company as a whole.
That’s why we’ve put together a free guide which brings together some of the key findings, shares the business benefits of investment in digital wellbeing, and much more. The guide includes:
- How overuse of technology can impact our health and wellbeing.
- Why digital wellbeing isn’t just about screen time – it’s about distinguishing work and personal time, and having a positive relationship with technology too.
- Whose responsibility is digital wellbeing – employee or employer?
- The business case for investing.
There are also plenty of practical ideas – because it’s great to have an understanding of why you should be prioritising the digital wellbeing of your team, but that’s just the first step in the process. The best policies and practices for you will depend on many factors such as the size and nature of your business, how often employees need to use technology to complete their work, and the level of flexibility and autonomy your team has when it comes to how and when they work.
So, what next?
- Download the guide
- Get in touch if you have any questions, or you’d like to discuss anything further.
- Begin implementing your digital wellbeing plan.
- Reap the benefits of improved morale, productivity and emotional health among your team.